There's something pleasurably primal about sleeping out in nature. No roof or walls, no mattress, no running water, just you, your tent and your boxers. Camping gives you an unrivaled firsthand experience of roughing it in the great outdoors. It's fun with friends, it's fun with your family and, depending on how much peace you need, it might be the most fun all by yourself.
It's probably not a stretch to say that there are millions of great camping spots across the United States but some are definitely cooler than others. If you want to learn about some of the best camping trips that the USA has to offer, just keep reading.
The Greatest American Camping Trips
- Acadia National Park, ME - If you really want to get away from it all for an unforgettable guys' camping trip, pitch your tents in Acadia National Park, located on Mount Desert Island along Maine's Atlantic Coast. Acadia is covered in beautiful pine forests, which makes for fun hiking during the day; at night, you can let the smell of the pines and the sound of the waves lull you to sleep. But make sure you pack your long johns, because Acadia can get pretty chilly once the sun goes down.
- Assateague Island, MD - If beach camping is your vibe, Assateague Island National Seashore, found in coastal Maryland, is a camping destination you won't want to miss out on. This barrier island isn't just a great campsite; it's also got some awesome surfing, kayaking and saltwater fishing. So slap on your trunks and get out in the water! And the real kicker? Assateague Island is home to a herd of wild horses. Just don't try to ride them or you might be in for one hell of a kick…
- Badlands National Park, SD - If you want to feel like a true pioneer, take a drive to South Dakota and spend a few nights camping in Badlands National Park. Make no mistake, the Badlands are pretty badass; so much so that you and your buddies might feel like a chorus of "Home on the Range" after a few beers. You can spend the day admiring the clear sky, the rock formations and the prairie (and prairie dogs). Be warned that a herd of bison might pass through your campground, so don't go soiling your briefs!
- Big Bend National Park, TX - As long as you bring enough water to stay hydrated and pack your coolest boxers to keep your balls from boiling, desert camping trips can be a blast. And desert camping doesn't get much better than Big Bend National Park, found in the Chihuahuan Desert of West Texas. You can spend the day fossil hunting, taking a dip in hot springs and admiring the unique geology and cacti. At night, you're in for a real treat, because Big Bend is one of the best stargazing spots in the country!
- Grand Canyon, AZ - Do we really need to sell this one? It's the Grand Canyon, a tourist attraction as iconically American as the Statue of Liberty! The Grand Canyon is also an epic spot for a guys' camping trip. If you've brought the family along, you may want to stick to the easily accessible campsite on the South Rim. If you're up for a bit of adventure, put on your comfiest hiking socks and journey to the North Rim, which offers a more secluded spot to set up your tent and admire the breathtaking view.
Camp in Comfort & Style with Chill Boys
Since camping means spending a lot of hours getting greasy in your clothes, it's important to pack wear that's up to the challenge. Armor up for your great American camping trip with cool bamboo clothing from Chill Boys, including briefs, boxers, socks and more. Reach out to us today to order all the camping clothes you need!